Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Right Brain Redux Crash Course: Projects 24-26




Still playing catch-up.  We have a few projects to post for you today. First up is a Wild Card project from Jessica. We put in a couple of blank pieces of paper so we could do whatever we wanted.

Jess's Challenge Projects for #24-26

#25 Create something using recycled materials

Sometimes you just feel like painting on a popsicle stick... well, I do. It's not perfect or my best work, but I'm okay with that. (That's definitely a big thing for me.) --Jess


#25 Random Photography 
This is Jess's favorite barn to photograph. She really has an eye for capturing it. It sits around 3,000 feet above sea level on a ridge forming the state line between WV and VA near the southern tip of WV (The road is the state line.) --Kev





#26 Art Based on Scripture
I draw while studying my Bible. God made me a creator, so I remember what I read better when I connect it with doodles and pictures. It's not about creating perfect pictures; it's about connecting with God on a level that resonates with both of us. --Jess

Hebrews 12:15- "See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."




Kevin's Challenge Projects for #24-26

#24
Today, I drew "Create and draw a new character". This bear will be the main character in a children's book I wrote with my son today. He is inspired by my son's teddy bear.


#25
"Create a newspaper blackout poem". This one is pretty random as far as poems go. To tell you the truth, I had a hard time wrapping my head around this challenge. Don't know if it was the lack of sleep the night before or if I just didn't get it. I can write poems, but the challenge of picking out words from an article... I think I could do a lot better, I'd just need to take more time and be more alert. Not being allowed coffee until they straighten out my heart is maybe one of the worst things about what I'm dealing with.
Here is the text of my "Poem"

No Choice! Go Home!
Racing for the exits
Blasted cat, Outrage! Ridiculous!
Oh, get over it.
The day is so backward!
Grow up. Unless you like ice cream
Ice Cream? Terrible


#26

Pulled a blank paper out today, so that's a Wild card. I got to pick what I wanted to do, so I decided to do my other idea for a t-shirt design based on a scripture verse. I do intend to put digital colors to this, maybe this weekend. The Verse(s) for this image are Ephesians 6:10-18, concerning the "Whole Armor of God".



Share |

No comments: