Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Right Brain Redux: Day 5 of 30-Day Creativity Challenge

Right Brain Redux: Day 5
#1: We love you Aunt Dorothy. Rest easy in His arms.
#2: What we're listening to tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzh0I3IHMg
Short day for projects today. Had to go say "See you in a little while" to a precious family member.
(Kev) My challenge for today was to cook something I had never cooked before. Everything I could think of I had the stuff to make, I've done before. I elected to make something in a way that I never had before. We have no working oven at the moment, so I decided to try making cookies in a waffle iron.


I took balls of dough and placed them in the iron and squished them down with the iron on high. It took about 5-6 cookies worth of dough to make an even waffle. Too much dough is messy. Found that out the hard way. 

I timed the cooking at 4-5 minutes. The cookie had good color but was too soft to lift out so I had to flip the waffle iron over to get the cookie to drop out on the plate. This is NOT SAFE.  I only made two so I haven't come up with an alternative yet.

After letting the cookie sit for a few minutes, it hardened up to a crisp cookie. I prefer them softer myself. I served the cookie topped with vanilla ice-cream. I would think servings would be best at 1/4 waffle with a scoop of ice-cream. I plan to try it again at some point with a lower temp to get a softer cookie. Jess found the final consistency to be perfect.



Jess' challenge for today is to write a Haiku based on the last thing she watched on TV. Well, the last thing she watched before making her draw was the Dr. Who Christmas Special "The Christmas Invasion" (2005). We've already watched through the end of Season 8 of new Dr. Who, and now we're re-watching with Kev's Mini-Me (our oldest son/ Whovian.) 

Haiku Doctor Who

Christmas Sycorax
You know the Doctor saves us
It's a Fightin' Hand!


Posted from scribbly-wibbly-stuff.tumblr.com via Pinterest.com


Share |

No comments: