Friday, March 30, 2012

Pushing Through Towards Something Better

Post by Jess of The Backburner Studio:

I pulled drawing off the back burner last night. It's sad really. I hadn't picked up a pencil with the intent to draw for about four years now. 

My thinking was... 
I don't want to keep doing what I'm doing for the rest of my life. It drains nearly every ounce of creativity I have in me. Even so, with those last few ounces I have right now, I'll push through towards something better. 

I don't want to be "afraid of what it takes to give it all away" or keep "doing just enough to get by." 

[Lyrics from "Just To Get By" by Pillar]

I want more, and my Heavenly Father wants more for me too. 

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" --Jeremiah 29:11


Some of my previous work:



















Share |

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Glad to see you're getting back to your art! I love to see your drawings, can't wait to see some new ones! <3