Saturday, July 31, 2010

Digital Art: Tattoo: Ultimate Love


Tattoo: Ultimate Love by ~backburnerstudio on deviantART

I've designed several tattoos for other people, but never had the guts to get one myself. I figured if I ever did get something, it needed to be something that really represented me and what I was about. So one night, I was playing around on the Paint program in my computer and drew out this design in simple black and white pixels. It just sort of manifested itself amongst the long night of listening to bands like Fireflight, Flyleaf, and Demonhunter. I couldn't sleep, so I just kept working on it... all the while, thinking about God, my life... faith... how he's always been there, guiding me... carrying me a good bit of the way...

After the drawing was finished, Kevin ran it through Photoshop and cleaned it up a good bit. I took that black and white, cleaned-up version and started playing around in Photoshop with it myself. This is what I produced.

One day, I may find a tattoo artist who can at least replicate the black and white version. If so, I just may get my first tattoo... one that represents me and my faith.

No comments: