Thursday, August 27, 2015

Right Brain Redux: Day 6 of 30-Day Creativity Challenge


Right Brain Redux: Day 6
Today's Challenges were for Jess to draw something left handed and for myself to create a timeline of significant events in my life.
For my challenge, I decided to jot down a quick list of events that stand out in my mind. Things that happened to me, not historical events. I eliminated a few items from the timeline as being too personal to share online, but the ones that I left are memories that, I feel, helped shape who I m now.
Just writing out a list was a little clinical, so I decided to represent it with a cartoon infographic. It's just a quick ink and marker doodle timeline due to today being crammed again. I am going to list out each event on the timeline just in case you can't read what it says.
First, Here's the whole thing:




1973: Issue #1, First appearance and Origin of ME!









1976: Broke arm, got first sister
1977: Watched a massive flood from my bedroom window. We lived up on the hill. I watched trailers go down the river.
1979: Started school. Principal's office on first day of kindergarten
1982: Got saved
1984: Transformers! Life would never be the same.

















1988: Pawpaw Bill died
1989: 2nd sister, 1st car
1992: Graduate HS (Valedictorian)
1994: Bad wreck, wrecked truck
1996: Started Working first full time job
1998: Grandmaw died
2003: Appendix ruptured, died, came back (am I a zombie, then?)









2004: Met Jess online
2008: Broke leg, Met Jess for real, Married Jess, my Mini-Me called me "daddy", Move to GA
2013 Little arrives! (Name loosely translates to "Peaceful Builder"... answers to "Hurricane")
2014 Moved back to WV
2015 Children's' Pastor FWC Kid's Church "Spark Kids"!


Good start, eh?

Jessica selected a very detailed close-up of a dandelion scattering its seeds as her left handed art project. It's done on plain copier paper with a #2 mechanical pencil. Totally freehand and done completely with her left hand. She felt it was unfinished, but her hand was cramping too badly to continue (carpal tunnel). I think it is beautiful. Art is often like raising a child; you may not feel you are done shaping them, but there is a time they are mature enough to stand on their own. And this piece definitely is. She has set the bar quite high for me when it comes my turn to do this challenge.



Share |

No comments: